Thing #2 Avatar

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Thing #8

I used the Mosaic Maker to make a mash up of four completely RANDOM pictures I found. The picture on the top left is my favorite...so colorful. I think the mash up concept has the potential to be quite useful in the classroom. I could see myself gathering photos that were related to one another based upon the topic I was teaching in class that day. For example, if I was teaching a lesson on Egypt, I could create a mash up of pictures of pyramids or hieroglyphics. I'm sure that would be really interesting for the students. Instead of just hearing about Ancient Egypt from a text book, I would really be able to cement the concepts through these pictures.I think that this could be a very useful tool and as long as done responsibly, picture sharing can be fun!

1 comment: