Thing #2 Avatar

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thing #10

I liked the RSS feed because it reminded me a lot of twitter. With twitter, you use key words to search topics or people you may be interested in, and several twitter accounts that contain that content will appear. The RSS feed is very much like this. You choose a key word or phrase and different websites appear that are associated with that content. It makes it very easy to see which websites contain which information, so I could see how it would be quite handy. In my personal life I could see myself using this to discover new websites that pertain to my interests. In my academic life, I could see myself using Google Reader to help me find ideas for projects or for group assignments. I'm not sure if I could use this to find sources I would actually cite in a paper because many of the sites that appear are not scholarly sites. This would be an awesome tool for teachers because you can subscribe to other professionals in the field and possibly gather ideas from their suggestions or things they are doing in their class. Also, the RSS feed would be great to find loads of information on one topic without having to do multiple searches.

No comments:

Post a Comment