Thing #2 Avatar

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Thing #6

The award winning Web 2.0 site I chose to explore was Etsy.com. Etsy is a website where a person can both buy and sell handmade goods. The site has much you can search, including clothing, candles, jewelry, and crocheted and knitted items. I found the crocheted items the most interesting, since I try to dabble in that myself when I have free time. What I found really interesting was that not only were people selling their crocheted items, they were also selling the patterns for different projects. It clicked to me that this is where someone could use this site for academic purposes. If a student was doing a project for school, they could decide to purchase an inexpensive crochet pattern from the site, create the work, and use it as a visual aide. Searching on the site is very easy. There is a drop down menu as well as a search box in order to find the items you are looking for. You can also search my color, gift ideas, or locally. I think Etsy.com is a great site and definitely worth exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment